You’re probably sick of seeing awards by now, but if I cared about what other people thought this blog wouldn’t exist in the first place. So away we go!
Thank you so very much to Sharu from Live :) Laugh :D Love <3 for this nomination. I am, as usual, so very honored that you thought of me. (And also pretty excited that the badge is different again!) I admit I haven’t been following Live :) Laugh :D Love <3, but I fully intent to now. Since I don’t know that much about Sharu (yet), I’ll leave you with this excerpt from her The Girl Behind the Scenes page:
I do not like to build fences to my blog and labeling it a beauty blog or a fitness blog. It is here, for anyone and everyone to read. I do not know if I am writing beneficial content (which I’m working on), but I write genuine real content and I evolve as I blog.
I can be anything. I can walk alone in a jungle with nothing but a camera, I can become an overnight sensation, I can become the person people look up to or become a superhero and save the day. But I chose to blog, and I will thrive to be a good one at it.
So check her out, like I’m about to do!
And now the “rules” (which I classify as ‘guidelines’):
- Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. (above)
- List the rules and display the award. (here and above)
- Share seven facts about yourself. (below)
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. (below)
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME (I’m running out of stuff to say about myself. Who knew that could happen? Forgive me if any are repeats):
1. I sleep a lot. I don’t wake up on my own until I get at least 12 hours, and I’ve been this way since I was a baby. Lately I’ve been able to stay asleep for even longer — the other day I literally slept for almost 48 hours, with brief bathrooms breaks. This used to cause fights between my stepfather and myself because he thought I was just being lazy, but I promise you that’s not it. (Although I am lazy, too.)
2. Speaking of being lazy, I am the messiest person I know. I need to find my camera so I can show you just how bad it is. My dresser is just a mess of crap, and the area between my bed and my dresser is even worse. It’s just piled with clothes and old drinks and mail and papers and journals and miscellaneous shit.
3. Even though I’m super gross, I’m very anal. Everything has to have its proper place. Things can either be strewn about, or in their specific homes — if they’re put in another item’s home all hell breaks loose. For example, I throw a fit if Jack puts Holden’s comfy pants on his jeans/etc. side, or mixes his long-sleeve and short-sleeve shirts. I even redo it if Holden’s solid-color underwear gets mixed in with his cartoon/animal underwear. Yet, his all of our clothes mismatch. I don’t really know what’s wrong with me.
4. I’ve gained a lot of weight since last Fall. I weigh the most I’ve ever weighed except for when I was pregnant, and I’m only about 10-15 pounds less than when I was. And I’m totally okay with it and totally rockin’ it. Expect a post about that soon.
5. My family reunion is today. (I know that’s cheating but it’s the first thing that came to mind.) A lot of people hate theirs; mine is one of my favorite events of the year. My family is kickass.
6. I can’t remember the last time of my life in which I wasn’t constipated. (And again, if that’s too much information for you, why are you here?) I remember having tummy problems as a teenager, but I don’t really remember what those problems were. I just recall having a stomachache nearly every day and being very sensitive to a lot of foods. Then I started illegally taking prescription pain killers, which are known to cause constipation. That led to heroin, which only worsened the poopy problems. Then came Methadone, and things got a tiny bit better. Then heroin came back, things got worse. Now I’m on Suboxone and have pretty much gotten used to the fact that I’m rarely ever going to be able to poop without the aid of a suppository ever again. And that was okay with me, but now I think my new meds are making it worse and I just don’t want to go through all of that again.
7. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people tell me I’m fine. I know they (usually) mean well and it comes from a good place, but when I’m feeling extra sick or extra crazy, I don’t want to be told I’m fine. Instead of making me feel better, it makes me feel alone and ostracized and invalidated and unimportant. If I come to you and tell you I feel shitty, let me feel shitty. Whether it’s my physical health, my mental health, my love life, or anything else. Tell me “yeah, you seem shitty” and then just be there for me. Validate my feelings and let me know not that I’m okay, but that I probably will be okay, eventually, but until then I’m fucking nuts. Let me be nuts. Let me be a monster.
1. Save the Bipolar Bears (The ups and downs of being bipolar.)
2. Silence Shattered (A Candid View of Child Abuse and its Legacy: Mental Illness. The Purpose of this Blog is to Increase Awareness and Empower Survivors.)
3. you ain’t special (but that’s okay)
4. Mental in the Midwest (This blog is a snap shot of my life as I’m living it.)
5. Write Through It (On Writing, Editing, and How to Keep Going)
6. FlippyZipFlop (If you can’t be kind, please be quiet. No negativity allowed on my blog. Thanks!)
7. The N!colas Blog (Spreading love, happiness, weirdness, humor… everything but STDs, really.)
8. ink2metal: the missing link (Just another WordPress.com weblog)
9. LisaListed (The best things in life aren’t things at all)
10. roseversusblackdog (Beating mental illness one habit at a time)
11. Emotionalist Diaries (Live For Your Own Smile)
12. takingthemaskoff (addiction mental health stigma)
13. Sass & Balderdash (Sassholes welcome.)
14. Outmanned (Because sometimes a girl needs more than fart jokes and belching contests)
15. Clouds moving in (A few thoughts of little value)
In award tradition:
- Subscribe to Tidbits & Smidgens — the biweekly newsletter from Nonsense & Shenanigans, chock full of stuff you won’t find on the blog. It’ll be like our own secret bond.
- Contribute to The Confessional! Set your secrets free.
- Participate in Tired Toddler Thursdays — your chance at making your cute sleeping baby (or dog, or significant other, or cat, or bird, etc.) pics go viral.
- Facebook: Nonsense & Shenanigans / Twitter: @nonsenanigans / Tumblr: nonsense-and-shenanigans
What are your random facts? How do you feel about these awards? Do my facts surprise you? Let me know!