Do you have a confession? Have you been naughty?
Just kidding. Kind of. This feature of Nonsense & Shenanigans is for anyone who has ever had a secret, or even close to a secret, or anything they don’t feel comfortable publishing publicly.
Your confession can be serious, humorous, ordinary, random. Anything you need to get off your chest is welcome.
If you wish to post it as yourself and allow people to click back to your blog, you can do so. Simply let me know and I will make you a contributor to this blog (only until the post is published). If you want to post recurring confessions, I can make you a full-time contributor. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can email me your post and I will publish it for you. Anything goes.
If you had an affair, don’t wash your hair as often as you tell people you do, own knock-offs, have an embarrassing nightly ritual, anything can be confessed here.
For example, my first post in the Confessional Series is about what I really do with all those pesky spam comments.
The second one will be about tampons. (Intrigued? Stick around.) Published!
If you wish to take part, simply fill out the form below. Once your post is published, I will add it to the list of Confessional Series posts at the end of this page, and it will also be available in the “Confessional Series” category page, which can be found by hovering over “Confessional” in the main menu.
*(Or, if you want to publish your confession on your own blog but still take part, simply link back to this page in your post to create a pingback.)
- Confession: The Night I Smoked [Bittersweet Sensations] - It’s been a while since we’ve had a good old confession ’round these parts! I’ve been super busy working on schoolwork and life stuff, but thankfully Baby Ruth (seriously, real name) from Bittersweet Sensations has written and posted her own, titled The Night I Smoked. Here’s an excerpt for ya: Smoking has a very bad reputation to … Continue reading Confession: The Night I Smoked [Bittersweet Sensations]
- Confession: I Give My Baby Alcohol - I give my baby alcohol. On a regular basis. (Did I just hear everyone’s jaw hit the floor? Excellent! Mission: Shock the Masses was a success!) Now that I have your attention, let me tell you the rest of the story – My 18-month-old son loves me SO much that he wants to taste everything … Continue reading Confession: I Give My Baby Alcohol
- Confession: Maybe I’m Not Cut Out For This - I used to be very maternal. Everyone said so. I used to adore kids. Everyone saw. I used to want eight of my own. I told everyone. Now, well now I’m not so sure I was meant to be a mother. Nobody knows. I remember perfectly when my son was born. I can tell you … Continue reading Confession: Maybe I’m Not Cut Out For This
- Confession: It’s Easier This Way - I am diagnosed bipolar, like Tempest. I hide it, most days well, some days not. It showed when I was 13, and I was sent to an institution. It was a hard thing to live down, but I moved a lot later and new people I met didn’t know. The people closest to me do … Continue reading Confession: It’s Easier This Way
- Confession: Adultery in the Heart - I’m told every woman does this, but I’m married and find myself having massive crushes on other men. They’re not men I know, mind you, but usually people on TV. I seem to be especially drawn to guys on Project Runway which bothers me all the more because I feel as though I’m obsessed, which … Continue reading Confession: Adultery in the Heart
- Confession: I Confess… - This confession comes from MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO. It feels like a horse kicked me right on the chest, the very first moment I laid eyes on him. Funny because he was not a stranger, I have known him before; but that was a long, long time ago. The person I am seeing now, I … Continue reading Confession: I Confess…
- Confession: Work At Home Woman - This confession comes from Sue’s Simple Snippets: “That Sue… I think she’s finally gone off the deep end,” they would say. No, just working from home folks. Nothing to see here. “But she’s not a mom,” they’d continue. That’s right. Just a woman trying to realize her dream. Not all stay-at-homes are moms you know. … Continue reading Confession: Work At Home Woman
- Confession: My Sexuality and My Bitch Friends - Okay, this was just happened two days ago. I don’t know if I regret telling my friends about my sexuality. I have been confused about my sexuality 4 years ago when I fell in love with a woman, okay I am a woman too. I kept that for years because I’m so afraid what people … Continue reading Confession: My Sexuality and My Bitch Friends
- Confession: I Choose Not to Medicate - I feel like I’m not doing enough for my son. He’s having such a hard time in school and his teacher makes me feel like he’s not doing well because I choose not to medicate him. I don’t think medication is the answer. I think she’s copping out of dealing with him. Yes he can’t … Continue reading Confession: I Choose Not to Medicate
- Confession: Two Broken People, One Dysfunctional Relationship - I trusted you. I laid with you. I let you know the most intimate parts of my soul, my body. And you left me. When you saw the dark side of me, you just fucking left. Truth is, you already left me. I was there for you from the beginning. I allowed you a place … Continue reading Confession: Two Broken People, One Dysfunctional Relationship
- Confession: I Don’t Blame My Mother - I recently wrote a confession about my problems with my stepfather. (I seriously recommend reading it before continuing with this post.) Some people commented that my mom was pretty fucked up for allowing such things to happen. Which is a completely, perfectly reasonable and expected response. Only I didn’t expect it. Because I don’t blame her. … Continue reading Confession: I Don’t Blame My Mother
- Confession: Too Soon? - This confession comes to us from another blogger, sonicspenny from STAY AWAY, SWEET MISERY. Here’s an excerpt: Never have I felt the inarguable injustice of the truth getting slapped to your face and there’s nothing you can do about it but nod and express your agreement. And I know that these things are new to you and … Continue reading Confession: Too Soon?
- Confession: I’ve Been Telling the Truth - People have become so conditioned to keeping important shit bottled inside that they now hesitate to believe anyone who talks openly about their bad experiences. * * * * * My stepdad used to sleepwalk into my room, naked, and sleep in my bed when I was little. I mention it a lot. It kinda … Continue reading Confession: I’ve Been Telling the Truth
- The Other Woman (On Apologies) - As I think about all the possible aspects of my inner life that may end up in this blog, and undoubtedly my book (if I ever finish it), I realize I have to face writing about us. Which is fine, by me, but it’s also something delicate that I feel has to be approached … Continue reading The Other Woman (On Apologies)
- Confession: That Time I Tried to Kill Myself - Twice. I tried it twice. The New Oxford American Dictionary for suicide: the action of killing oneself intentionally. I was living in Bristol at the time, unemployed and had recently moved into a flat which I shared with a couple. I had the room at the top of the stairs. Mostly, I cried a lot. … Continue reading Confession: That Time I Tried to Kill Myself
- Confession: I’m an atheist. - This post is part of the Confessional Series. To submit your own, please visit the Confessional page. To find out more about the author, please read to the end and follow her links. Calm down people – I don’t worship the devil. I just don’t believe in the concept of a supreme being. I … Continue reading Confession: I’m an atheist.
- Confession: I had an affair - Not while I was married . . . when I was 15. I’m an only child so I always hung out with people older than me. I’m very confident, athletic, and outgoing. I knew when someone was flirting with me and I knew how to reciprocate, but my knowledge ended there. So when my high … Continue reading Confession: I had an affair
- Confession: My Mind is Definitely the Culprit - The tampon debacle is over. Or, actually, it never even existed. Last night I thought I was dying. I started to feel very sick, achy, headache — all the symptoms I didn’t want. My palms remained red. I took my temperature throughout the night and it went from 99.2 to 99.4 to 99.5. And you … Continue reading Confession: My Mind is Definitely the Culprit
- Confession: My Pee is Probably a Symptom - So I guess I’m turning this tampon debacle into a live-tweet kind of thing. Only in this case, it’s live-blogging. A short recap: My Lady Bits are Not a Black Hole, even though I think there’s a lost tampon up there somewhere, and at first I thought I was fine, but upon further investigation I … Continue reading Confession: My Pee is Probably a Symptom
- Confession: My Cervix Might be a Doughnut - So remember that time I told you I thought I had lost a tampon in my lady bits? Well, almost immediately after posting that (and following up on comments) I started to feel worse. My headache was worse and my body was kind of achy and I realized I had been peeing a lot so I … Continue reading Confession: My Cervix Might be a Doughnut
- Confession: My Lady Bits are Not a Black Hole - I’m just going to dive right into this. I think I have a lost tampon somewhere in the depths of my vagina. *Disclaimer (that I purposely added after the initial shocking confession) — to those who are squeamish or uncomfortable talking about bodily stuff or private parts or women’s health, or tampons or periods or … Continue reading Confession: My Lady Bits are Not a Black Hole
- Confessional: New Feature - I am pleased to announce that I have added a new feature here at Nonsense & Shenanigans — The Confessional! A place to air your dirty laundry, so to speak. Any secrets, embarrassments, confessions, just plain weird stuff — it is welcome here. Please check out the Confessional page (also found in the main menu) … Continue reading Confessional: New Feature
- Confession: My Spam Secret - I have a confession to make. I’m not quite as loved as I lead you all to believe. (Though, I don’t think I’m hated either, soo . . .) We all know about those pesky spam comments that show up in our spam queue for us to, nearly 99.999% (okay fine, 100%) of the time, … Continue reading Confession: My Spam Secret