Once upon a time (i.e. last week) I tried to make a Nonsense & Shenanigans newsletter. Three people subscribed and it overwhelmed me so I nixed it.
However, I still have a lot to say about nothing at all, so I decided to incorporate some of the features of the newsletter into the actual blog. For the special blogger and/or post, I give you Featured Fridays. For the random bits of nonsense (otherwise known as Tidbits & Smidgens), I give you Mini-Post Mondays.
Mini-Post Mondays are all about the thoughts, stories, quotes, etc. that aren’t quite long enough to make a real blog post. I know a lot of people post them anyway, but I’m weird and have to do things differently. So every Monday I will post a bit of my word/thought vomit.
If you would like to participate in Mini-Post Mondays, all you have to do is publish your own post consisting of your own word/thought vomit, and include a pingback (i.e. link) back to this page (and either that week’s post or let me know, otherwise I won’t get a notification). I will list all the Mini-Post Monday posts below.
- Mini-Post Mondays: Sad - I’ve been sad lately. I don’t know why. I suppose it’s depression, but it doesn’t feel like my usual depression. I think it’s because of my change in meds. I sigh a lot and just want to sleep all the time. Which I have been doing, so I don’t really remember much of when I’m … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Sad
- Mini-Post Mondays: School, Nate, Not Much Else, Dad - It’s that time again, folks! Our once-weekly chatty post in which I inform you what’s going on with my life. But first, I want to apologize for not being active on here. I know I’ve been seriously slacking with visiting your blogs, but I swear I have good reason! School School has been going. Just … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: School, Nate, Not Much Else, Dad
- Mini-Post Monday: Storm, Meds, Suboxone, Tattoos, Testicles, Book - Storm You may remember me being super paranoid that my whole world would be cancelled last Tuesday because of an “epic snowstorm” headed towards my area. Well, for once in my life I was right and the meteorologists were wrong, because we got about one inch of snow. However, since Chris Christie likes to declare … Continue reading Mini-Post Monday: Storm, Meds, Suboxone, Tattoos, Testicles, Book
- Mini-Post Monday: Crap I Almost Forgot, and the Three S’s - That’s right, I totally almost forgot about y’all. Sorry about that, but it’s been kind of crazy around here. Storm Supposedly there’s some sort of killer death storm coming my way. It’s got Governor Christie’s panties in such a bunch that he declared a State of Emergency at 1pm, even though I haven’t seen any snow … Continue reading Mini-Post Monday: Crap I Almost Forgot, and the Three S’s
- Mini-Post Mondays: Book, School, Other Stuff, Jack - Book So, I seem to have lost my motivation and inspiration. My book’s been stuck at around 38,000 words for about a week or so. I’m thinking about going back in and editing / adding, or maybe just taking a break until inspiration hits again. I’m really not sure. (*Please note that names in the book … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Book, School, Other Stuff, Jack
- Mini-Post Mondays: Book, Boring - Book *I forgot the first time I posted this — there is now also a “My Memoir” option in the menu at the top of the page. If you click on it, you can see all posts that will be in the book, including the first few pages of each chapter (as posted). You can also … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Book, Boring
- Mini-Post Mondays: Book - Sorry so late today, y’all, but I’ve been writing! Book I’ve been doing pretty well with my book. In Word it’s only about 7 pages, but I changed the page size to 6X9 to give it more of a book feel and now it’s up to 15, which is super exciting. I’m on the third … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Book
- Mini-Post Monday: Break, Christmas, Book - It is Monday, right? I feel so out of it with the holidays and all. Plus I took a Xanax yesterday and slept the whole entire day away, so now I’m really out of it (it being whatever it is and Xanax. Boo). Here we go. Break If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been around much lately. … Continue reading Mini-Post Monday: Break, Christmas, Book
- Mini-Post Mondays: Sick, Nate - Sick I’ve been sick for the past week. Like, fever, chills, sweats, body aches, so weak I’ve barely been on WordPress sick. I don’t really know what else to say about it, but that explains my absence. I’m probably going to take some time off to recover. I still feel weak just typing this. Nate … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Sick, Nate
- Mini-Post Mondays: Nate, Ring, Meds, Christmas, War - Nate So, as I mentioned, Nate got my letter. He took it rather well over the phone, but his letter was pretty angry. Which was to be expected. I don’t really know what to say about it, but we have a lot to work on and I have full confidence that we’ll pull through this. … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Nate, Ring, Meds, Christmas, War
- Mini-Post Mondays: Deadlines, Meds, Dog - Deadlines I’m no good with deadlines. I try and I try, but it just never works. Probably why I’m so bad with keeping up with my weekly features (if you didn’t notice, I did almost none of them last week). Why is that? I don’t know. I don’t really have anything to say about it, … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Deadlines, Meds, Dog
- Mini-Post Mondays: Not Much, Potty-Training, Christmas, Spam - Not Much I don’t have much to report this week. I’ve still been feeling blah, and my letter for Nate just went out today so I’m super paranoid about that (but he did call yesterday, so yay), but the weather was so nice today I forced Holden to get outside with me, so that was nice. Now … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Not Much, Potty-Training, Christmas, Spam
- Mini-Post Mondays: Blah, Nate, Spam - Blah I haven’t felt very well lately. I’m coming down with a serious case of the blahs, which I really hope don’t turn into depression. I’m thinking about taking yet another break from continuous blogging and/or reading because honestly, I just don’t feel like it. Now that I’ve identified one of my mania triggers, I need … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Blah, Nate, Spam
- Mini-Post Mondays: Weekend, My Boy Rocks, Nothing Like Them, Guest Posts - Welcome back to Mini-Post Mondays, y’all! Weekend I had an amazing weekend. I romped around South Street and got an amazing new journal and the Children’s Nihilism Workbook, which is just hilarious and awesome, and some other stuff I won’t get into. I almost got my palm read but obviously this was a bad psychic because every time … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Weekend, My Boy Rocks, Nothing Like Them, Guest Posts
- Mini-Post Mondays: Flake, Chore Chart - Welcome to this week’s Mini-Post Mondays, y’all! Flake I am a flake. This I know. My best friend, Luke, complains about this constantly. It’s just a part of me I cannot shake. I was even born two weeks late. Or 8 days. Or, well, the exact amount of time isn’t the point but I was born … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Flake, Chore Chart
- Mini-Post Mondays: Cure-All, Amputee, Busy, Ring - Sorry I’m so late today, everyone! I was out at my bestest friend’s house all day and forgot to schedule this. So let’s get to it. * * * * * Cure-All My poor boy is sick. He wouldn’t take his medicine until he conned me out of my imaginary super power ring. Then, literally 5 minutes … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Cure-All, Amputee, Busy, Ring
- Mini-Post Mondays: Poop, Job, Why - Welcome back to Mini-Post Mondays! * * * * * Poop How do people have conversations while they’re pooping? Don’t they have to push even a little? Does the poop just fall out their butts? Why does it fall out?! Why am I having these thoughts? * * * * * Job I have a job … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Poop, Job, Why
- Mini-Post Mondays: Money and Meds - Short and sweet, per my going crazy and all. Money I just found $8 in change in my purse and that’s awesome. * * * * * Meds I’ve realized many of you don’t know which meds I’m on, so let me break it down for you. I’m supposed to take: One 20mg pill of Citalopram (Celexa) … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Money and Meds
- Mini-Post Mondays: Office Chokers, Marriage, Rockstar - Sorry for last week’s absence, but I’m back! Office Chokers When my brain sees “workers” and “cheap” next to each other, it automatically combines them into “chokers”. So my latest spam comment was a bit more interesting when I thought it read “Your amazing informative tips and hints signifies a whole lot to me and … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Office Chokers, Marriage, Rockstar
- Mini-Post Mondays: Can’t Concentrate - So I don’t have anything for Mini-Post Monday today. I was dumb and doubled up on my meds and now I’m out of them until tomorrow and am experiencing dizziness/lightheadedness/tinglyness/inability to concentrate. But I figured I’d throw this up in case anyone else has something — if you do, just link to this post and … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Can’t Concentrate
- Mini-Post Mondays: Dreams, Nate, Traffic, Marriage, and Banned - Dreams Things Holden has said right after he woke up (which I’m assuming are dream-leftovers): I peed in my room! (He’s still in diapers) I found Peyton in my book. (Peyton is his best friend)
- Mini-Post Mondays: Killer, People, Me - Killer I had a weird dream the other night. Some killer was after me and kept killing me but instead of dying I managed to fix myself and keep running and then I fell in love with him even though he was still going to kill me so I got all excited about him coming back for … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Killer, People, Me
- Mini-Post Mondays: Rophaldo, The M-Word, Thieves, Frick, Dumb, and Cute. - So it turns out Tidbits & Smidgens (Nonsense & Shenanigans’ biweekly newsletter) didn’t work out. It was just too much for me to worry about. However, now you all get a piece of the action, as I’ve incorporated it into Mini-Post Mondays! * * * * * Rophaldo and Mike What’s her name again? Is it … Continue reading Mini-Post Mondays: Rophaldo, The M-Word, Thieves, Frick, Dumb, and Cute.
- Brain Scramblies — you ain’t special
- Island Fox Den
- Sunrise — Gelatinous
- All This Sucks — you ain’t special
- Sue’s Simple Snippets #1
- Sue’s Simple Snippets #2
- Gelatinous #2
- In My Parlor
- I Have No Idea What I’m Doing… — you ain’t special
- In My Parlor #2
- Sue’s Simple Snippets #3
- Sue’s Simple Snippets #4